Auxiliary Officer Requirements
- Applicants must be Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada, pursuant to the Police Services Act, R.S.O.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be of good moral character and habits.
- Must be willing to provide 12 hours per month voluntary service and required to attend all mandatory training sessions.
- Will be required to successfully complete a series of tests set by the Barrie Police Service.
- Must be certified to be in good health by a legally qualified medical practitioner; mentally and physically fit for duty (having met the fitness requirements) as an auxiliary constable.
- Vision, uncorrected, must not exceed 20/40, correctable to 20/20 with the aid of eyeglasses or contact lenses. There must be no red/green colour blindness.
- Must provide all information considered to be related to an appointment, including discharge papers in respect to any former service with a police service or the armed forces.
- Must reside in Barrie or the surrounding area.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma, or equivalent. Note: Equivalency can be obtained through your local Board of Education.
- Must possess a valid full G class Ontario driver's licence. Must not have accumulated more than 6 demerit points.
- Must possess the ability to speak, read, write the English language.
- Applications will not be accepted from persons who have been convicted of a criminal offence unless they have received a pardon. Convictions include the following dispositions:- Pled guilty- Found guilty- Suspended sentence- Conditional discharge.
Auxiliary members do not receive any payment or remuneration.
Volunteering with YOUR community is rewarding!
Join Our Team
Recent Press Releases
- Sun., Apr. 30, 2017 - 12:57 am
- Sat., Apr. 29, 2017 - 4:55 am
- Mon., Mar. 27, 2017 - 1:30 pm
- Mon., Apr. 24, 2017 - 7:15 pm
- Fri., Apr. 21, 2017 - 12:00 am