Barrie Crime Map
Please Read Before Proceeding:
Welcome to the Barrie Police crime mapping tool. This is part of our on going endeavour to share information on community safety and security with our citizens. This interactive map will allow citizens the courtesy of viewing crimes reported for selected categories. The user will be able to choose from a variety of crimes, have them plotted on the map and be able to view some details on each occurrence.
Glossary of Terms:
- The act of taking property from another person or business by the use of force or intimidation in the presence of the victim.
- Break and Enter Residential:
- The act of entering a residence with the intent to commit an indictable offence therein.
- Break and Enter Other:
- The act of entering a place, other than a residence, with the intent to commit an indictable offence therein.
- Recovered Vehicle:
- A vehicle that has been located after it has been previously reported stolen.
- Stolen Vehicle:
- The act of stealing another person's vehicle, or taking another person's vehicle without consent.
- The act of stealing property (excluding vehicles).
- Theft from Vehicle:
- The act of stealing property from on or inside a vehicle. This could include entering the vehicle with or without damage to it.
- To perform a search, select the Search Tab.
- Enter search criteria into the Search Form.
- Select the Search button to view results.
The Barrie Police Service cautions against using this data to make decisions, or comparisons, regarding the safety or crime levels for an area.
The icons representative of each crime category that are placed on the map while using this tool are not placed on the specific address of that crime but only in the general vicinity of that crime.
Please read the following disclaimer.
The Barrie Police Service does not make any warranty, representation or guarantee as to the content, accuracy or completeness of any of the map data. All aspects of the data provided herein are susceptible to a degree of error due to the complexities of the process involved in compiling, geocoding and mapping the data. The data provided on this site represent only the reported crimes that contain a geographic reference and associated geographic coordinates.
All materials contained on this site are distributed and transmitted AS IS without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied including without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall the Barrie Police Service. "CrimeMaps.ca" or MDSP Consulting Services become liable to users of this data for any loss or damages arising from the use, operation or modification of the data. The visual representation of data is being provided strictly as a courtesy, and not as an obligation.
The mapping site should never be used to attempt to reconstruct Uniform Crime Reporting statistics, other official numbers or to correlate events to a specific location.
Recent Press Releases
- Thu., Dec. 8, 2016 - 7:45 am
- Wed., Dec. 7, 2016 - 8:00 am
- Tue., Dec. 6, 2016 - 5:00 am
- Mon., Dec. 5, 2016 - 9:40 pm
- Sun., Dec. 4, 2016 - 4:30 am