Communication Clerks are responsible for receiving and prioritizing emergency and non-emergency calls, and ensuring appropriate police units are assigned and dispatched. They are highly trained professionals who collect key information before police arrive on scene.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD); or equivalent.
- Post-Secondary School program in Emergency Communications is an asset.
- Previous experience working in an Emergency Call Centre is an asset.
- Ability to work shift-work, including weekends and holidays.
- Successfully complete psychological exam and interview with a psychologist (after selection interview is complete).
- High level of speed and accuracy in keyboard operation (minimum of 40 words per minute)
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong listening skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Team focussed
Click here for Application Documents.
Recent Press Releases
- Tue., Mar. 21, 2017 - 6:20 pm
- Mon., Mar. 20, 2017 - 1:45 pm
- Sat., Mar. 18, 2017 - 6:00 pm
- Thu., Mar. 16, 2017 - 7:00 pm
- Sun., Mar. 12, 2017 - 10:00 pm