The Intelligence Unit is comprised of experienced criminal investigators who have received specialized training in intelligence investigations and techniques. The activities investigated generally involve serious crimes or organized crime offences.
Intelligence Unit Mandate
To gather evidence to support criminal prosecutions of identified criminal subjects, or use any other legal means available to eliminate or disrupt their criminal activities.
The units objective is to fulfill the strategic intelligence mandate of the Barrie Police Service and is responsible for gathering and disseminating intelligence concerning organized criminal activity to the appropriate Police agency in the jurisdiction involved in a timely manner. The Criminal Intelligence Unit maintains communication and works co-operatively with other enforcement and intelligence units throughout the Province of Ontario.
The Intelligence Unit is an active member of the Criminal Intelligence Services of Ontario. The Criminal Intelligence Section (CIS) involves the following investigative partnerships with police agencies across the province:
1. The Provincial Biker Enforcement Unit (B.E.U).
2. The Provincial Repeat Offender Parole Enforcement (R.O.P.E).
3. The Provincial Anti-Terrorism Section (P.A.T.S)
Recent Press Releases
- Fri., Jan. 20, 2017 - 5:00 pm
- Tue., Jan. 17, 2017 - 7:15 pm
- Tue., Jan. 17, 2017 - 5:38 pm
- Sun., Jan. 15, 2017 - 2:15 pm
- Sun., Jan. 15, 2017 - 9:30 pm