Special Constable/Court Security Officer
Court Security officers are sworn as Special Constables - a designation issued by the Province of Ontario.
Court Security officers carry out a variety of duties, including courtroom security, security of accused parties, court access control and transportation.
- Have no criminal record for which you have not received a pardon and be of good moral character and habits
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada and at least 18-years-old
- Have proof of successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Possess a valid OACP Certificate of Results
- Possess a valid Ontario driver's licence class G driver’s licence
- Possess valid standard first aid and CPR Level "C" certification
- Be physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position
Applicants must obtain an Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police Certificate of Results prior to submitting an application package. Information on how to obtain the OACP Certificate of Results is available at Applicant Testing Inc.
Applicants must submit a complete application package, including all necessary documents (see below). Application packages that are submitted incomplete will not be processed.
- Cover letter and resume
- Copy of a valid First Aid /CPR C Certificate
- Civilian Application Form (Original signed copy)
- Civilian Authorization for Release of Information Waiver (original signed copy)
Applicants can submit their complete application package by mail or hand-deliver to:
The Barrie Police Service
29 Sperling Drive
Barrie, ON L4M 6K9
Attention: Employment Unit
* Application packages will be kept on file for a period of one year
For additonal information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Our Team
Recent Press Releases
- Tue., Mar. 21, 2017 - 6:20 pm
- Mon., Mar. 20, 2017 - 1:45 pm
- Sat., Mar. 18, 2017 - 6:00 pm
- Thu., Mar. 16, 2017 - 7:00 pm
- Sun., Mar. 12, 2017 - 10:00 pm