Barrie Police Service
Technology has become a critical part of day-to-day operations in the Barrie Police Service, and the Information Technology & Security Unit (IT Unit) has an important role in ensuring everything functions effectively and efficiently. From assisting with minor computer issues to creating comprehensive data systems, the IT Unit helps the Service run smoothly for its internal members while also finding innovative ways to improve customer service for the local community.
Support Tickets in 2021
Resolved in One Day
The COVID-19 pandemic restrictions have continually increased the need and volume of service demand from the Barrie Police Service IT Unit. Members focused upon the expansion of remote work capabilities to ensure ongoing improvements for digital management systems and virtual meeting sustainability as the Service navigated through 2021.
IT Unit achievements include:
- Downtown closed-circuit television (CCTV) camera additions, enhancements & infrastructure improvements
- Electronic booking systems
- Emergency IT support during tornado
- Fleet management software
- Improved and assisted with transition to virtual courts
- Maintaining Digital Evidence Management System
- Print management software
- Process automation to create workflow efficiencies
- Strengthened internal & external information sharing