On Saturday, December 4, Barrie Police responded to a report of a disturbance at a residence in the Penetang Street and Mulcaster Street area.
Upon arrival, police observed a male in possession of a knife that was determined to be a prohibited weapon, and he was subsequently arrested.
Although he provided a false name, officers were able to confirm his proper identity, and located a loaded 9 mm semi-automatic pistol in a pouch around his waist. Police also located several bags of suspected fentanyl and suspected cocaine.
A 29-year-old Barrie male was held for a bail hearing, and is now facing more than a dozen charges including:
- Possess prohibited device
- Knowingly possess prohibited device without licence
- Obstruct peace officer
- Possession of a controlled substance (Cocaine)
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking (Cocaine)
- Possession of a controlled substance (Fentanyl)
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking (Fentanyl)
- Careless storage of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Carrying concealed weapon
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose
- Possession of prohibited device or ammunition for dangerous purpose
- Possession of prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition
|Prepared by:||Corporate Communications Coordinator, Jennett Mays|