City of Barrie residents and visitors should anticipate road closures and traffic delays to accommodate the police funeral of Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Provincial Constable Grzegorz Pierzchala on January 4, 2023.
Barrie Police Service will close the following roads:
- Bayview Drive from Big Bay Point Road to Churchill Drive will be closed commencing at 5:00 a.m. This road is expected to reopen at approximately 10:00 a.m.
- Churchill Drive will be closed at Welham Road, with local traffic access only.
- Bayview Drive from Churchill Drive to Mapleview Drive will be closed commencing at 8:00 a.m. This road is expected to reopen at approximately 4:00 p.m.
- Harvie Road/Big Bay Point Road will be closed from Veterans Drive to Bayview Drive commencing at 5:00 a.m. These roads are expected to reopen at approximately 10:00 a.m. (Note: Harvie Road becomes Big Bay Point Road at Fairview Road.)
- Fairview Road will be closed at Little Avenue, with local traffic access only.
The Dog Off-Leash Recreation Area (DOLRA) located at 555 Bayview Drive will be closed during this time. Pet owners are encouraged to visit the attached link https://www.barrie.ca/community-recreation-environment/parks-trails-waterfront/dog-leash-recreation-areas for the location and details specific to the Sunnidale Park site.
Members of the Ontario Provincial Police Provincial Liaison Team (PLT) are attending area businesses to advise of these closures.
The Barrie Police Service wishes to thank the public and area businesses who will be affected by these road closures and are asking the public to reconsider any potential travel plans into the identified area on Wednesday.
If there are any changes to the road reopening time, these will be posted on the Barrie Police Service Twitter and Facebook accounts.
|Prepared by:||Corporate Communications|