Over the past couple of weeks, members of the Barrie Police Investigative Services have been conducting a criminal investigation into numerous break and enters into local businesses that have taken place in the City of Barrie.
Today, police executed a Criminal Code Search Warrant at a residence located at 220 Burns Circle and located property and evidence related to this ongoing investigation.
As a result, 33-year old David Taylor of Barrie, who was arrested yesterday afternoon is now facing 38 criminal charges in relation to his crime spree. Some of the charges laid include:
- Robbery (Scotia Bank located at 44 Collier St. Barrie, August 16, 2021)
- Theft and Possession over $5000 of (motor vehicle)
- Theft over $5000
- Dangerous Driving
- Flight from police
- Break & Enter x 8
- Possession of Stolen Property Under $5000
- Possession of Stolen Property Over $5000
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon (prohibited knife)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance (cocaine).
At the time of his arrest, 5 outstanding warrants for his arrest were also executed which resulted in an additional 24 non-related Criminal Code charges being laid.
Late this afternoon, the accused had a bail hearing and has since been remanded into custody.
This investigation remains ongoing and further details will be provided as the investigation permits.
|Prepared by:||Peter Leon, Corporate Communications Coordinator|