Online Reporting

If this is an Emergency call 9-1-1 immediately.


Please note that the Barrie Police Online Reporting System is monitored Monday to Friday 8am-4pm, excluding statutory holidays.



***Using the Barrie Police Service Online Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please choose one):

** Ensure you turn off your pop-up-blocking software before filing the report **




Personal Information provided through the Barrie Police Service ONLINE Police Reporting System is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for law enforcement purposes. Questions regarding the collection of this information should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator of the Barrie Police Service.

Jessica Brown – Coordinator, Freedom of Information
705-725-7025 Ext. 2457  |  [email protected] 

Is online reporting right for me?

If your incident is an emergency, call 9-1-1. If it’s a non-emergency call 705-725-7025.

What if this happened in another city? Can I file a report using this system?

No, If the incident took place outside of the City of Barrie please call the police service for that city or region.

What if this happened on a Provincial Highway?

If this took place on a Provincial Highway, such as Highway 400 or Highway 11, please call the Ontario Provincial Police (O.P.P)

What is a known suspect?

 A known suspect is when you or someone else knows (physically witnessed) the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect was in.

What if I think I know who committed the crime?

This is not defined as a known suspect, please list this person’s name in your narrative description.

Can I report damage caused by a motor vehicle accident?

No. Motor vehicle collisions can be reported to the Collision Reporting Centre located at the Barrie Police Service Headquarters.

Can I contact someone for assistance with online reporting?

If you have any questions or concerns with the online reporting, please call 705-725-7025.

Break and Enter Statement Form

If you have been asked to complete a commercial/residential break and enter statement form, you can access the form below. It will need to be emailed to the Officer. If you have any questions about the form, please contact [email protected].

If you see a crime in progress, or someone is seriously injured or in danger, contact 911.

Translate »