Lost/Stolen Property

Lost Property: an item was accidentally misplaced or left behind somewhere.

If your property was STOLEN, please submit a Theft report.

“Lost Property” reports are not actively investigated by the Barrie Police Service and are kept for records purposes only in order to reunite people with their property if recovered.


  • If you LOST property in a taxi cab, on public transit, or at a specific location, please contact the appropriate organization and check their “Lost and Found”.
  • If you have LOST your cell phone, please contact your service provider.
  • If you have LOST your Canadian Passport or Social Insurance Card, contact Service Canada at 1-800-567-6868
  • If you have LOST a foreign passport please call 705-725-7025 Ext. 2106 or 2107.
  • If you have LOST your Driver’s License, Health Card, Licence Plate(s), Accessible Parking Permits or other Ontario identification, visit the nearest Service Ontario.







Stolen Property: Someone removed the item from your lawful possession with the intent to steal. (Theft Under $5,000)

If your property was STOLEN, please submit a Theft report.

Please provide a detailed description of what actually happened, with the approximate date and time you discovered the theft and the last date and time you saw your property.

The accuracy of the information you provide will greatly assist in processing your report. Please ensure your report is as complete and concise as possible, to ensure an officer won’t have to contact you in order to clarify the information and won’t delay the processing of your submission.

The following cannot be reported through Citizen Online Reporting:

  • Property that is taken from you by force or threats; this is a Robbery.
  • If the robbery just occurred, call 9-1-1.
  • If a Break and Enter to a dwelling or business (when it is closed) has occurred and property is taken, please call 705-725-7025 Ext. 2106 or 2107.
  • If you are in possession of your debit or credit card, and someone has used it without your consent, this is considered a Fraud. Please contact our non-emergency number 705-725-7025 Ext. 2106 or 2107.
If your property was STOLEN, please submit a Theft report through Citizens Online Reporting. In the event of an emergency, contact 9-1-1.
Translate »