Paid Duty Request
Off-duty police officers are available for hire to provide a police presence for a range of functions, including traffic control, City of Barrie events, prisoner guards and school dances. The costs of officers and vehicles are recovered by the Service from the organization.
All paid duty requests may be submitted by fax or email using the electronic request form. Short notice requests will be accommodated if possible, but assured service is dependant upon notification times.
These are some of the terms associated when hiring a paid duty service:
- Events must be held within the city of Barrie.
- A minimum of one-week advance booking notice is strongly recommended.
- A 3-hour minimum charge, per officer, applies for all events.
- The number of officers required for an event will be assessed according to the nature of the duties.
- Clients who require a regular supply of officers’ services will be invoiced on a monthly basis.
|Position||Officer Rate (per hour)||Admin Fee + HST||Total (per hour)|
Services that exceed a quarter-hour will be billed on a half-hour charge and services that exceed an extra half hour will be billed on a full hour basis.
Payment for pay duties will be by invoice due on receipt. Hourly rates are subject to an administration fee of 15% and HST at 13%.
Monday – Friday
7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Central Paid Duty Unit
Phone: 705-725-7025 Ext. 2123
Email: [email protected]