On December 21st, after conducting a traffic stop in the area of Essa Road and Highway 400, officers observed a cannabis cigarette on the lap of the driver. During the investigation, it was also determined that the driver was a suspended driver, and he was arrested without incident.
A search of the vehicle resulted in officers locating a loaded 9mm Glock handgun, cocaine, fentanyl, crystal meth, cannabis and stolen licence plates.
A 28-year-old male from Brampton is now facing more than a dozen drug and weapons charges.
- Unauthorised Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there is a firearm
- Possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm/ammunition
- Knowledge of unauthorised possession of firearm
- Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition
- Possession of firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order
- Careless storage of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition
- 3 counts – Possession Schedule I Substance
- 3 counts – Possession Schedule I Substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession Property obtained by crime
- Driving While Under Suspension
- Having care or control of vehicle with cannabis readily available
The male was held in custody, awaiting a bail hearing.
|Prepared by:||Corporate Communications Coordinator, Jennett Mays|